Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Women of Wikipedia Unite project

For some of you out there, you might be interested in two upcoming efforts to improve female scientist's Wikipedia pages and improving the numbers of women editing Wikipedia.

I'm all for whatever it takes to get more people editing whatever gender they are.  And want all pages for scientists and skeptics to be improved.  Female or not. 

I say if these two projects inspire you to finally take the plunge and contact me, then Hurray!  I am always ready and willing to train.  Please contact me susangerbic@yahoo.com if you want to join our Guerrilla Skepticism on Wikipedia project. 

Or, I'm sure the people listed on the links below would love to hear from you.

Women of Wikipedia event planned

WikiWomen Unite!




1 comment:

  1. I was concerned that is would be one of those "let's paint it pink to attract more women" type of efforts but after reading their plan I am much more optimistic. According to research by the girl scouts (yes, the girl scouts) girls are attracted to STEM when they see female role models in STEM. Here is a link to the research http://www.girlscouts.org/research/publications/stem/generation_stem_what_girls_say.asp

    ReplyDelete